Why? Shit is getting real.
Many of us are at home a whole lot or working under much higher pressure than usual. I myself notice this situation has a big effect on me mentally and emotionally, I feel like I’ve been training for this situation a long time and maybe this can help others too.
Who am I? An outdoorsy, touch-loving, home alone Dutchy, who also happens to be a Master of Human Movement Science, freelancer and holistic mental coach. I need to have extra attention for my selfcare to keep mentally and emotionally healthy and perhaps so do you. Feel free to share and to ask me for online personal support.
In short: Mental and Emotional Selfcare posts coming up.
Let’s start off with…
Habits that help me stay healthy:
- check gut feel for what I need the most and act on it
- after daily intake: put (social) media aside
- let go of what I don’t control; take responsibility for what’s mine
- let emotions come out
- when confused, ask myself what effect in the bigger picture I desire
- during me-time, do it with 100% of my attention
- improve in non-physical ways to feel connected
- finding ways to feel useful to getting through this situation together.
Feel free to add your own in the comments.